Just what does a steampunk Jean Grey look like, anyway?
- Green corset (with the emblem on the chest, of course)
- Gold fluffy steampunk-esque skirt of some sort
- Reuse the gold stiletto pointy boots I painted for She-Ra
This leaves a few questions based on Actual Jean Grey’s costume (pictured at right):
- Gold gloves… hot when I’m already melting, and I’m not a big fan of gloves. But maybe shorter, leather gloves painted with gold Rub ‘n Buff?
- The turtlenecky bit… maybe do a leather collar sort of bit… like a dickey but not? A massive choker? What would you call that? (I wisely stopped short before finishing a Google search for “leather collar,” which will now be the search term for all the incoming hits here.) with an X-Men logo buckle at the center of the neck?
- I’m thinking the skirt should wispy to emulate the sash, but I also need to make sure that all of the battery packs and such are hidden.
- Tights? Fishnets? Hmm… Might depend on what the skirt looks like.
Another possibility for the glove/collar situation would be a shrug like this, though not lace:
Next up: make-up and Big Fluffy Hair ideas!