That city is famous for… (Southern edition)
Last week I posted the top results for searching “[CITY] is famous for” on the west coast. (Read why.) Here’s the
Charleston is famous for…
- having four signers of the Declaration of Independence as past residents.
- many firsts. (Read the list.)
- its lowland architecture and southern hospitality.
Atlanta is famous for…
- its restaurant scene which is suitable for all tastes.
- its bad traffic and attendant pollution.
- its indie-rock scene, producing famous artists like The Opal Foxx Quartet, The Now Explosion…
Memphis is famous for…
- being the hometown of Elvis and this is why so many people come here every year.
- two things: music and food.
New Orleans is famous for…
- its French Quarter, with its mixture of French, Spanish, and native architectural styles.
- its cemeteries that consist of spooky above ground tombs that helped inspire legends and stories.
- its special drinks. Order a hurricane while there.
Knoxville is famous for…
- “The Kick”. There is absolutely no other single event in Tennessee history that trumps “The Kick.”
- JFG Coffee and the old timers will remember him selling it.
- its World’s Fair of 1982, which was heralded as a great big success.