Skip to content

Together! Ravenna’s bodice

July 25, 2012

 

I kept meaning to post photos of some version of the muslin for this bodice, but I never took a picture of it, and now it’s in a dozen pieces. I’m no expert pattern maker, and this wasn’t an easy one. But the bodice is together! I haven’t ironed it yet, but I did serge the edges so it’ll hold together long enough to get the hand embroidery on in the center front.

Image

 

I’m terrible at corners. V-necks, godets, things like that. So I picked a dress full of them. Genius. Practice by fire. I’m not too proud of the way the v-shaped insets fit in the bodice–I had to make some darts at the bottom to make it work out. But I am rather pleased with these two L-shaped corners on either side:

 

Image

 

Look how smooth! And it’s not even ironed yet! 

I also got most of the necklace made except for the pendant. I’m still hunting for the right pieces for the earrings. Just a few weeks to go!

 

Image

About these ads
No comments yet

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

%d bloggers like this: